HCSA: COVID-19 MEASURES FROM August 2020
The following measures have been introduced for all Active Hampton users from the 3rd August 2020. Users not following the steps to prevent COVID 19 transmission/infection will be asked to leave the facility and booking suspended. The measures will be kept under review and will be updated based on government advice.
- Clubs, players, coaches, match officials, league officials, volunteers, parents/carers, spectators and community football facility providers (HCSA)- GOV.uk guidelines and the FA guidance for the purposes of making the site safe for use.
- Public Health guidance – 28 July 2020 (Peterborough City Council)
- Source FA – http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jul/17/grassroots-guidance-for-competitive-football-restart-in-england-170720
The measures to be followed:
▪ All players should self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms before every training/activity session or match. If you are symptomatic or living in a household with possible or actual COVID-19 infection you must not participate or attend the facility.
▪ Competitive training is now permitted, with groups limited to a maximum of 30 people, including coaches. In the case of football on the Astroturf, the football will consist of 6 players on each side total of 10 players following social distancing 1-2 m.
▪ The HCSA will allocate a toilet to be used and it is the responsibility of the user(s) to clean touchpoints and secure the access after use adhering to the social distancing guidance of 2m.
▪ Changing rooms are an area of increased risk of transmission. It is important that social distancing is maintained in changing rooms and showers and that they are only used if essential. All attendees to arrive at the facility in sports kit and where possible to travel home to change/shower. Use of changing rooms and showering facilities will not be permitted. A changing room area will only be available for participants with disabilities or special needs”.
▪ Drinks/refreshments and breaks – Activity organisers are providing drinks for their activity and in the case of children, parents are to provide drinks/refreshments to prevent the risk of transmission.
▪ Competitive match play will be played with social distancing in place before and after the match, and in any breaks in play.
▪ Players and officials will sanitise hands before and after a game/activity as well as scheduled breaks throughout a game or training session; This will be provided in one of the changing rooms with monitored access.
▪ Ball handling will be kept to a minimum with most contact via a boot and the ball disinfected in breaks of play; Football/activity organiser to provide clean wipes for the balls in use.
▪ In matches on the grass areas and on the Astro/Hardcourt areas all shouting by players and by parents on the sidelines is not permitted. This is because of the potential increased risk of transmission – particularly from aerosol and droplet transmission.
▪ Goal celebrations should be avoided. All people including users and people at the facility must avoid needing to unduly raise their voices to each other.
▪ Equipment will not be shared, and goalkeepers will ensure they disinfect their gloves regularly in breaks in training or matches and afterwards.
▪ Participants have been advised to follow best practice for travel including minimising the use of public transport and walking or cycling if possible. People from a household or support bubble can travel together in a vehicle.
▪ Football organiser has been advised to keep a record of attendees (names and addresses) at a match, training or activity session, including contact details for players and parents, to support NHS Test and Trace system and process when required.
▪ The HCSA has advised indoor football and Futsal is not permitted.